Agriculture represents enormous opportunity and becomes increasingly interesting for investors worldwide due to global development forecasts and the constant decrease of farmland. A lot of investors turning to agriculture understand that this is a very specific business which requires special knowledge and uppermost a lot of practical experience.
With its longstanding experience in development aid, agricultural consulting and practical farming including management of own farms, ABG offers a unique mix of knowledge and skills. We are committed to provide customised effective solutions to match our clients’ objectives through asset acquisition, portfolio management and farming.
Our approach is to provide a wide range of investment consulting services considering the global development concerns and opportunities to establish long term mutually beneficial partnership between investors, farming and agri-business and local communities.
Our international experience and deep understanding of global economic and political trends allow us to build and efficiently manage multinational investment portfolios. So far we have focused on investment opportunities in Germany, United Kingdom, Baltic States and Uruguay. Our services go far beyond farmland acquisition; we elaborate long term concepts to shape individual investment decisions and establish investment vehicles and international logistics to execute them.
The services we provide:
- Identify the best investment opportunities in agriculture and rural infrastructure worldwide under consideration of local economies, national legislation, etc.
- Feasibility studies.
- Purchase of farms, agricultural land, forest and agricultural companies.
- Conveyance of properties including clarification of all related issues, e.g. easements, mineral and other rights, land-use restrictions, entitlements, stewardship schemes, etc.
- Implementation of investment projects in Europe and South America, including planning and establishment of necessary infrastructure (subsidiary companies, tax and legal advice, proper accounting and monitoring, etc.).
- Monitoring of investment opportunities in agriculture and rural business worldwide.
- Portfolio management including production, legal and fiscal issues.
- Monitoring of national legislations related to agriculture, investment, agricultural land ownership, etc.
- Direct farm management and land development.
The bottom line
Keeping in mind the global challenge to feed more people with less land, as well as significant increases which land value has demonstrated over time, investing in farming can seem like a good strategic move and an interesting opportunity to hedge one’s investment portfolio against inflation. ABG offers a wide range of services to guide an interested investor through the entire agricultural investment cycle. We work individually with every client to make farming more investor-friendly and to work out a strategy and investment vehicle that fits the specific needs either of private or institutional investors.